Wednesday 1 September 2010

His kind of pet lo- GDT for Artastic challenge blog





 
This page was published in Oct/Nov 2010 issue of SNR magazine
2-3 month ago Shazza Bishop from Artastic challenge blog asked me to be her guest designer for September.. So I got this inspiration artpiece- Frida Cahlo Self portreit with a monkey and the prompts and was absolutly out of ideas. The prompts are to use a photo with a pet, colors orange and brown and an exotic flower..
We have a great pet- white lazy cat named Milky- but exotic flower, orange and brown for our cat? So I just looked on all my photos and here it was- my son Amir petting the baby crocodile somewhere in exotic country (who knows where? He is a world traveller)
And here it is: His kind of pet page- with all prompts.. I stamped and heat embossed some white flowers over the page, added stickers!! (I buy them and never use - so thanks a lot from my sticker box for this challenge), used ribbons, twine, die cuts, buttons, transparency, 2 fonts of lettering, some hand journaling and I like this page even without all this 3d layers I usually do..
So if you like this challenge- go to Artastic and play with us! The prizes are great- I know as I won there about 3 times and there is my own prize too- I will pick my own winner for my great Rak- you can see it on Artastic blog and try to win it..
And for other challenges- not too much:
Orange- blue and brown- for Crafty catz
Charm - this blue pendant on the left corner- for ABC

5 comments:

Emily C said...

Love it. What a great "guy page".

Emily C

Bonnie Garby said...

Great Aloha layout!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Irit
Fabulous layout and great pics,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Suzanne said...

A Fantastic LO. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

SABRI said...

I love this layout! Fantastic photo!!!

Popular Posts