Thursday 16 September 2010

1 ST DAY lo





This page was published in Oct/Nov 2010 issue of SNR magazine

I did this page as a guest designer for Scrap that poetry blog after I won their HOME challenge and the poem was about the first day at school. So I grabbed my twins first grade " public" photo and did this page using a lot of real schol supplies- 4 pencils and a ruller as a borders and some kit goodies I won on Up the street kit ckub a month ago- but as usual with me- I could fit in this one kit so I used lettering from 3 other sets, photo corner, a number border, bingo card and a trnasparent saying from my stach- everything else was in this great kit I won.
And the saying on the blackboard in Hebrew isa the very usual : Hello first grade!- I did it hand write as it is in real class. And as for the year- 1992 was so long ago- I can do first day in army or college - and even those days are gone..
And as for techniques- not so much here-some dry embossing with my very new folder, some inking around, hand cut circles from pp and distressing and hand writing..

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love your layout Irit!!! Thanks for designing with us!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Darling children. Great page and memory.

Jennifer said...

This is such a GREAT layout!! Love how you incorporated the pencils!! CUTE!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!! (=

Suzi Mac said...

Another wonderful scrapbook page Irit, love the embossing and the boys look so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, isn't this just darling!!! I love this and aren't they super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! Hope to see you again!

Heidi said...

Irit, Another wonderful LO! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch CHallenge blog.

marsha said...

What a fabulous LO! The boys are just precious! Thanks for joining our Critter Sketch Challenge this week and hope you will join us again next week!
Hug,
Marsha
CSCB-DT

Craft Paper said...

What great LO! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Kelly said...

What a great idea to emboss the alphabet for a first day of school page! Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Angela said...

what an adorable LO!!! 1992? I bet they look a little different now!

Pris said...

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely INCREDIBLE!! I love that you used real pencils!! Wow. Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories... hope you'll join us again this week... the challenge is "Circles, Squares and Scallops!"

Popular Posts