Monday 14 January 2013

Tando Creative January blog hop: Arches around us

Hello, my dear crafty friends!
 This is our Tando Creative monthly blog hop and this time we are going to show you our use of Tando arches. There are a lot of arch shapes on Tando site, but this time I picked a smallest jewelry piece arch and made a new Mixed Media stamped  necklace.

If you came from  Gez blog - you are on the right way and if not- please go to Tando blog and begin there. Please, follow our blogs, comment on all of them and you can win some great  Tando chippies.
 Long time ago (let's say about 6-7 years ago) I was deeply into beading and jewelry making. Time changes and I moved to paper crafting and then it changed again and I moved to stamping  and Mixed Media mostly. So this is my tribute to old lover and new one all together.
I  first I covered this small Tando arch with clear embossing ink and Copper Heavy Duty WOW!Embossing Powder powder with heat embossing.
Next I stamped this  Commemorative Castle Coin stamp from 100 Proof Press with black pigmented ink , heat embossed with clear embossing powder, inked a bit with some distress inks  and glued over acrylic Tim Holtz charm from both sides  as I want it to be water proof piece. Then this acrylic sandwich was glued on my arch back and my central piece was done . OK, some small black and brown bling were added and this old Love staple too, but it was not a must thing.


I made this beaded crystals flower, a tassel and made the whole necklace piece and I think I love it a lot. Don't you?

Your next stop is Karen. Remember: you need to comment on each blog to win the prize!
See you again next month and good luck with  our draw for all comments on this hop.

8 comments:

Carol said...

OOOHH This is a gorgeous piece. SOOO creative and love the treatment of the little frame. The beadwork is fantastic. This is my first blog hop!!! Thanks for sharing
Carol Tadden

Kaz said...

Beautiful necklace Irit using all of your talents! x

Dana Tatar said...

Wow Irit! This necklace is amazing! I love the embossing and the beads. Just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Karen said...

ooo this is so beautiful Irit, I love the beaded tassel! x

Words and Pictures said...

What an inspirational idea to turn the arch into a piece of jewellery! The embossed copper is stunning...
Alison x

Diane Warburton said...

A detailed, clever project, which looks great - 'job's a good un!'.
Thanks for sharing and giving us all ideas about how to play :-)

ionabunny said...

Small is beautiful. The embossing powder makes it look like really copper. The stamp is perfect.

Craftychris said...

ooh its gorgeous! So inspiring, a wonderful piece of wearable art! xx

Popular Posts