Saturday 28 May 2016

Scrapmatts May inspiration


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my May Scrapmatts inspiration.
After two months of scrapbooking I decided to move to some Mixed Media art and to my favorite Steampunk style.
So the first project is this Steampunk book cover I made using DCVW cardstock and Scrapmatts gorgeous stencil and Steampunk pieces.
The background cardstock was covered with letters from Scrapmatts Alphabet stencil using clear embossing ink and gold embossing powder.
Then I added another layer- using Sizzix die and Scrapmatts stencil on the non die cut part of this layer. This time I used Circles stencil  with the same heat embossing technique.
Now it was a chipboard playtime!
First I painted the Steampunk chipboard with DecoArt paints using Andy Skinners faux rust combo of dark grey and dark red  paints. 
Then I painted the Wings mostly with dark Turquoise paint with a bit of brown over it. The background  wings layer was painted with gold paint and I glued them one over another with Glossy Accents.
The small chipboard key and key hole were painted with gold paint and a bit of patina antiquing  cream over them, just same as the title words. 
 I added two chipboard hinges and arranged the whole piece over a kind of book folded leather look cardstock.
Two piece of washi tape were added to make this " book" to look real.








Scrapmatts products used:

I enter this to some web challenges too
Mixed media world- Grungy with shine
Country view challenges- use a stencil

5 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely project, Irit ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Jane said...

Your mixed media change has paid dividends Irit, such a cool project and perfect for our May "use a stencil" challenge over at Country View x
Jane DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Very cool elements and gorgeous metallic textures!

Kotolifestyle said...

Amazing project.I love it! Thank you for joining us at MMW

Maria Lillepruun said...

Thank you for joining our MMW challenge!

Popular Posts