Friday 19 August 2016

Tando Anything goes



 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Tando post and this week it is Anything goes week.
So  how about a Steampunk door hanger?
Tando sells the most amazing chipboard door hangers and you can alter them to any kind or theme.
But sometimes  you have someone a bit Steampunky around you and that's what I made for this person.
So I picked the Door Hanger style A piece (one of 2 that are in the bag) and the fun began!
As a background I used Tando Cogs mini stencil  and Tando Giraffe mini mask with DecoArt  White Modelling paste.
When it was dry I added layers over layers of DecoArt Media line  fluid acrylics paints to make the background and stamped randomly with black paint using Stampendous  Toxic stamp background.
Then I painted the chipboard Scull from Sculls bag 3 and Key hole from Locks and Latches set  using the same acrylic paints with a layer of DecoArt Weathered wood medium and you can see the glorious result of this medium over the main chipboard pieces here.The key from Set of 5 keys was added to the piece as well.
I made the title with Tim Holtz small stickers and yes, anyone, even the scull, can be beautiful.
Don't you think so?




1 comment:

Jeanne Kelly said...

That is so spooky looking - I just love it. Great texture also!!

Popular Posts