Tuesday 28 February 2017

Sports altered wall deco with BoBunny

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my  technique day post today.
Let's say that I am not much a sport lover. Maybe even the totally opposite. So making a  sport collection project is a challenge and I think I found the way to make it fun and even to give it  one of my family members who loves sports and ball sports mostly.
So  also we are talking Technique today  this is not a real tutorial, but mostly some tips and tricks that I discovered while I was making this piece.

Here how it looks on the wall, also it will be moved from my wall and delivered to my dear son in low in a couple of days.

Sports wall deco by Irit Shalom



This was the bare wood $ store three parts piece with cork on the top, wooden frame in the middle and
the box  in the bottom.
While making this piece I managed to remake the cork into magnetic board.
The  photo frame was remade to chalk board and the box is still the box.

So first I painted  the whole piece with Pentart Cottage Green Lasur Indoor gel.
I really love this not so perfect look of the wood that you get with this paint.I painted one single layer and decided to leave it this way.


The middle portion was painted with 2 layers of chalkboard paint. Yes, this is glass chalkboard paint, but it was the only one I have and I just tried to use it over wood. And here is my first tip: it WORKS!
It works perfectly even on the wooden surface.


Then I decided to leave half of the cork as is and to paint another half with magnetic  paint.
It was another experiment and also I had to make three layers it WORKS!
Here is the second tip for today: Pentart Magnetic paint  works on  soft cork surface as well.


Now it was a time for embellishing the painted piece.
I added small strong magnets over the chipboard piece without peeling the backing. If you want to peel the white glossy backing paper you need to add some baby powder over the glued side of those sticky chipboards.



And here is another tip: BoBunny small chipboards make minute made perfect magnets!
If you want  them to last forever cover them with a thick layer of Pentart Glossy Varnish.


First I tried to use chalk marker over the painted chalkboard part. The result was really disappointing.
So I tried the white pen and BINGO! You can use white pen and to wipe it with  baby wipe. It works perfectly .
So I just added the white pen on the side using clear Velcro strip.





As you can see each part was also decorated with clear sticker.
And the last part was decorated with stickers, chipboards and handmade tags made with BoBunny dies.






So not much techniques to learn, but a lot of good tips to keep in mind while you work with Pentart products.
And a final look at this altered project:


BoBunny products used:
Game On!- Diamond 12'' cardstock
Game On- First down 12'' cardstock
Game On- Kick it 12'' cardstock
Game On Noteworthy
Game On- Chipboards
Game On- Clear Stickers
Nested Terrific Tag dies
Tuxedo Brads


Pentart products used:
Lasur  gel  Country Green
Chalkboard paint for Glass
Magnetic paint

No comments:

Popular Posts